Sunday, October 23, 2011

...leaving my cares forgotten among the lilies...


this morning, i got an email from an old kindred soulfriend.
she means so very much to me.
we probably haven't spoken in years.
it doesn't matter.
her words touched me deep down in my heart,
so instead of having it sink away in my inbox
or some 'labeled' folder that i will never re-read,
i put it here.
to help me remember good things.
i'm thankful for her.
this is more for me than anyone else,
but you're welcome to read it too.

....
without having any idea where you or your life is at, knowing we haven't really talked in far too long, just know this:

confession--i just went on a binge of reading all your last few months of blog posts.

i just really love all of who you are.
you inspire me to see the beauty around me.
you make me feel like this awkward, uptight, type-a, struggling twenty-something has this beautiful, creative artistic side inside of her just itching to get out. you remind me that i can be a strong hippie feminist and still love wearing lace and colors. you help me remember to travel and play and not miss this moment because i have five-thousand other things to do (that matter too!)

and a little while ago i read st john of the cross, and came across this, and i've been sharing it with anyone who i think might find some hope and goodness captured in it:

"In solitude she lived,
And in solitude built her nest;
And in solitude, alone
Hath the Beloved guided her,
In solitude also wounded with love

...I remained, lost in oblivion;
My face I reclined on the Beloved.
All ceased and I abandoned myself,
Leaving my cares forgotten among the lilies."

i love you.
i still have the heart you made me hanging in my closet,
reminding me of those truths of who i am.
...


it's so important to have reminders that point to the truths of who we are.
her email was exactly that for me, today.





No comments:

Post a Comment